Who We Are
ACTIVE MINDS ACADEMY
What We Do
What We Build
WE BUILD RESPECT, CHARACTER, RESPONSIBILITY
What is STEM?
STEM is an acronym stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
HOW WE APPROACHED IT (3 STAGES)
Classroom Management and Ownership
LEGO EDUCATION LearnToLearn Curriculum
LEGO EDUCATION WeDo CURRICULUM AND SOFTWARE
The 4C Learning Process- a Structural Learning Experience
Connect – Awakes student’s curiosity and the desire to learn
Construct - Encourages the students tackle the challenge by building somenthing functional or meaningful to him/her.
Contemplate – Involves reflection and dialogue, with the teacher and other students, about what everyone has learned from their experience.
Continue – Gives students opportunities to apply their newly acquired knowledge to new challenges as well as take ownership of their learning.
School Tutoring (Reading, Writing and Mathematics)
- State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAART) Grades (3rd, 4th, and 5th)
- Smart TV (Downstream Movies)
- X-BOX ONE
- Kinect Games Just Dance 2016, Dance Central Spotlight, Food Ninja
EXTRA CURRICULUM ACTIVITIES
- Sports (Theory and Basic Skills Development)
- Zumba (Recreational) via TV Stream Videos